Monday, September 7, 2009

Horseback Riding


  Today I had one of the best rides to date on 63(the horse). We rode for three hours up to one of the most beautiful locations ever.  We were in the looking over Santa Monica, Downtown La, Glendale, Hollywood, with the Hollywood sign to the right.  We came up through Griffith Park Horse Trails but there are some hiking trails where a lot of people hike up to that point as well.  

  It felt so good.  We say good morning to all the fellow horseback riders, hikers, and bikers alike.  We were the only ones coming up horseback to that point though.  Me, my dad, and his friend, Martin- all in cowboy(and my cowgirl) hats on/riding attire.  Were quite the sight to city hikers from those parts, that and Martin also was walking a baby horse of 21 months, who was quite the cutie pie, Hawk.

  There is something majestic about horses- noble, grandeur.  Every time they look into my eyes I fell as if they can see my soul, my essence and weigh if its good.  

  I've been itching to move to Colorado as of late- to be more one with nature.  Rides like this though....really make me appreciate Los Angeles more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment